Monday 23 November 2009

EDITORIAL

This blog has permitted me to express my frustrations in an auto-derisory manner. I have in effect been laughed at a few times since I got here; when wanting to use the vacuum cleaner or when I missed my bus. In conqequence, I have taken the party of sharing my experiences in order to give a sense of empathy and also because in the end, those misfortunes had nothing to do with the fact of being dumb, thus are in no way shameful. I believe that laughing is easy (because instinctive, primary) but it's actually the fact of taking the time and interest to investigate on the origins of the little things we consider foolish that reveals a certain intellectual skill/ability.

To conclude,James Russell Miller (1840-1912)once said:
“If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that every experience develops some latent force within you, you will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your circumstances may seem to be.”

I have tried to respect the whole dummy concept in choosing the colours of my blog, and the writing style which is informative, descriptive, analytical, and auto-derisory.

1 comment:

  1. Girl...though the blog was written 2 years ago, until now do I get to read it. Very useful for any strangers first stepping on that freezing and cocky island. The feeling was exactly the same like mine: frustrating, shocking and even disgusting (remember the pasta in the Loft?) ...Now, 'm back to home country, at times thinking 'It might not be bad to live in Britain at all' ^_

    ReplyDelete